Thursday, January 10, 2013

Heart with Arrow Wreath

As Valentine's Day is fast approaching, Andrea and I thought we should get a jumpstart on a Valentine craft.  I was searching for inspiration online and came across a wreath on Google that was pink sequins and I loved it!  So we decided to try our had at these wreaths and decorate them to meet our individual taste.



Supplies:
heart shaped wreath form
dowel rod
feathers
glitter & glue
paper
sequins, tulle, or ribbon



When I was a little girl (see photo below....yep, that's me), I truly thought I was going to grow up to be a Solid Gold Dancer.  I was so fascinated by them!  So I decided to do my wreath in gold sequins.  We found these styrofoam wreath forms at Hobby Lobby.  Using a dowel rod, we poked it through the wreath form in a diagonal as if cupid himself shot right through it.  Then you start wrapping the wreath form in whatever you'd like to cover it with.  My next one will be burlap. Andrea used red tulle for hers.


We've been seeing these glitter tipped feathers all over Pinterest so we decided to add these to the wreath, as well.  Using glittering glue, just paint the tips with the glue and pour your glitter on them.  I used gold and Andrea used red on hers.

Using the standard accordion fold technique, we added lollies to cover up the bottom of the feathers.  Andrea used shredded paper behind her lollie that was left over from our garland project and I used pink paper fringe behind mine.  


We cut out triangles from vintage paper and hot glued them to the tip of the dowel for the arrow's point.  We then used the rest of the feathers (I had to cut mine shorter) as the bottom of the arrow...attaching them with hot glue.


Tia's ode to the groovy Solid Gold Dancers
&
Andrea's classic red Valentine version




Happy crafting and giddy up!!
tia & andrea








4 comments:

  1. How many yards of gold sequins did you purchase?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I certainly lean toward the new spot! Like you've said the spotlight is currently more on the outfit itself Mens Motorbiker Leather Jacket than before due to the straightforward white foundation. Likewise, I like the lighting more!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails