Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Ribbon Flowers

My friend Amy Moore taught me how to make these 2 weeks ago at a Stamping up Party that she was demonstrating. I loved them and have made many since!!!! Thanks girl!!!! :) They look harder to make than they really are. I made an arrangement for Valentine's Day and used lots of the ribbon flowers in it. They are super cute on a t-shirt as well.

Supplies

Ribbon

Button thread or other heavy duty thread

Needle

White glue (optional)

Button or other embellishment for flower center

Scissors

You need to cut a wide width ribbon 10-12 inches long. Thread the needle and knot the thread in one end and double knot it. Start weaving the needle through the ribbon close to the edge on one side of the ribbon keeping the ribbon gathered up on the needle.
When you get to the end of the needle pull the rest of the string through the ribbon and pull together tightly forming your flower. Knot the two ends of the thread together. The flower will look like this.
An optional step that I take is to add a little white glue on the ends of the ribbon so that they don't fray. You can you no fray on the ends but I found that the white glue worked fine.
I spread it on using my finger.
Add an embellishment to the center and your flower is complete. I sewed a pearl button on this flower. I think the pearls are pretty touch to them. I also pinned one on a t-shirt using a safety pin so that I could still throw the t-shirt in the washer after I wore it.

Enjoy!!!!


Andrea & Tia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails